Monday, September 17, 2012

Macrame Owls

Most of you probably remember macrame as a popular craft in the 1970s.  I have a mini collection hanging on my front porch.  The first one was made by sister just a few years ago.  She even made the "beads" out of paper mache.

This one I made probably in the mid to late 70s.  I had a few macrame projects to my credit, and my mom wanted an owl so I made this for her.

This is my most recent acquisition from a local estate sale this summer.  Three bucks.

This extra large fellow (about five feet long!) was at a thrift store a few years ago, also three dollars.  I walked by it a few times, thought, "Where would I put it?" and left the store without it.  The next day I went back, and it was still there.  Glad I went back.

These pictures are a good hint at my tag for Tag Tuesday tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You like macrame owls then Diane :0 They must take a lot of time & patience to make. I've seen bags in a similar fashion. Have a lovely evening :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are brilliant Diane. I especially like the 2nd one. I'm glad you kept them. You might start a new trend now.
    Lynn x

    ReplyDelete