Friday, February 1, 2013

Black and White And Read All Over

A paper challenge at Eclectic Ellapu this week requires the use of black and white and text on anything. Pop over and look at the examples-- really impressive.  Don't think my little card measures up, but I thought it turned out okay.


The woman (that is a Xerox copy of an old photo) is my great-great grandmother, and I am very pleased to say I don't look anything like her.  This is quite an old photo; I'm thinking late 1800s-- maybe very early 1900s.  Well over 100 years old!  I used "Gram" on it because that is how my grandmother always identified her on photos.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Your card more than measures up to the challenge it's Fantastic... Love that fact you have used an image of your Grandmother "AmAzing" & the use of the numbers.. The whole design is Fabulous... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice! There something about B&W that evokes nostalgia. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Black and white . . . I love it. Great job Diane.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your "little" card is HUGE!!! Absolutely delightful. How sweet of you to honour Gram on such a lovely card. Happy you joined our challenge. Hope to see you back next week. … x
    Asha - Eclectic Ellapu DT
    Sunny Summer Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydia, yes I completely agree - your card more than 'measures up'. Its a wonderful card with a terrific design - all elements beautifully placed with no focal point overshadowing any other. Your 'Gram' would be proud. Thanks so much for joining with us at Electic Ellapu this week - we hope to see you again soon. Nicola x (Eclectic Ellapu DT)

    ReplyDelete