Saturday, March 16, 2013

Easter Postcards

Posting about postcards today.  Easter to be exact.  I don't have many-- enough.  I place some around every year for decoration.  Here are a few:

Very fun, postmarked 1914

Postmarked 1916

Unused and so pretty

This fold-out card was made in Germany.  It is used but not mailed so no postmark. The rooster slides up in between the front and back of the card.  It's also embossed.

I tip my Easter bonnet to the card makers of yesteryear (or yester-century).  Such sweet, enduring designs.

Linking to Mockingbird Hill Cottage and "A Favorite Thing."

Enjoy!

15 comments:

  1. Easter cards are especially beautiful. Yours are lovely.
    Balisha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these are so lovely, and I love that they are vintage... I don't send out Easter cards either, it is a lost "art" as they say! Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Total agreement with you! Love those old cards, especially the moving rooster. I have a few Easter postcards to scan today and post. Great minds, etc, we are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What pretty Easter cards. I especially like the rooster foldout made in Germany. Beautiful embossing.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your collection. Maybe you will find some more along the way.
    Hugs,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love vintage postcards and these are particularly charming.

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the designs and graphics from cards long ago were so very special. Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all cute, but the pink eggs, and forgetmenots are lovely.

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a cool thing to collect -- pretty postcards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're mentioned on my current blog post, Lydia - and that amazing Giveaway basket you sent me. ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love vintage postcards you have some lovely ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love vintage postcards. Some of my favorite things in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous vintage Easter postcards...Simply Beautiful... Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are so beautiful! There is nothing like a vintage postcard!

    Thanks so much for joining in this week!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete