Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pyrex Test

Remember the Pyrex bowl I just bought and showed on Thursday?  Well, since it was washed and sitting out because I still don't know if it's a keeper or not, I used it to make cookies.

Yes, it works!


And in case you need a super good and super easy chocolate chip cookie recipe, here is the one I have been using most of my life.  It's from a Betty Crocker children's cookbook.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

3/4 C packed brown sugar
1/2 C sugar
1/2 C room temp butter
1/2 C veg shortening
1 1/2 teas vanilla
1 egg

1 3/4 C flour
1 teas baking soda
1/2 teas salt

6 oz chocolate chips
1/2 C chopped nuts (opt)

Mix the first 6 ingredients well.  Add the next three ingredients; mix well.  Mix in chips and nuts.  Bake by rounded spoonfuls on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

A couple tips: using real butter is much better than margarine.  Don't over bake! These are best when slightly under baked and left on the sheet for a minute before removing to a rack.  I've always cooled them on waxed paper on the counter-- works fine.

Have a nice weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I am so tired from garage sales and the ride....a few chocolate chip cookies would taste soooooo good. Will have to try this recipe....looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see the bowl works so well, those cookies look delicious! Your recipe is very similar to the one I use and yep, butter IS better LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use the same recipe! Delicious cookies! I always put pecans in mine. And you are so right about the butter!

    ReplyDelete