Friday, August 9, 2013

Another Week's Junque

Back this Friday with some more thrift and a rare Thursday estate sale finds. My local resale shop had a laundry basket of Christmas stuff this week.  Christmas in August? Guess they're either late for Christmas in July or early for the regular Christmas season. Whichever, I bought the items below.  I don't think that tree is vintage-- looks too new, although it is marked Taiwan on the bottom. The deer is old, made in Japan. That's a keeper so is the tree; I have a small forest of them I put out every December. Mrs. and Mr. Claus will help someone have a Kitschy Christmas; they'll find their way to Etsy in a month or so.

How about the atomic bowl?  Pretty nifty.  The Currier & Ives plate is none too rare. My grandparents had these as their everyday dishes back in the 60s and beyond. And for 10 cents, I couldn't pass it up.

Cute aprons!   

Yes, I have to admit that I bought this. I dunno-- something about it appealed to my 1970s roots and the fact someone took time to make a picture of a potty! Stay tuned as I intend to paint the frame. I took it apart and didn't realize until then that the frame is plastic. This piece just gets tackier by the minute!

Linking to The Thrifty Groove and "Thrifty Things Friday."

Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. Love the Santa and Mrs Claus!! I bought a frame the other day and hope to make it over also~!

    thanks for linking to TTF this week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the atomic bowl - it's so Jetsons!

    Today I found a Pottery Barn metal glider patio chair with matching side table and got the 2 of them for $ 12.00 - SCORE!!! I have to re-paint them but I am so thrilled.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that deer! Very cute! Found you over at TTF!

    ReplyDelete