Monday, February 24, 2014

Monday's Muster #8

Here is a collection you probably don't see everyday, camel figurines. I started this some 30 years ago for no reason other than I just wanted to have a collection. It didn't get too far as camels are harder to find than you might think. I also kind of lost interest as I got older. However, I did just add one last fall from an estate sale (the brown one on the far left).

The camels below originally belonged to nativity sets. The one on the left is plastic, probably from the 60s or 70s. I got it free from a thrift shop a few years ago. It was for sale around Christmas but wasn't marked. When I asked the clerk if she knew how much it was, she sort of hesitated then handed it back to me and said "Merry Christmas." The colorful one on the right was made by Avon (yes, "Ding Dong Avon Calling" Avon).

The one on the left is brass. The two in the middle are Christmas ornaments. The ornament on the right is made from those craft clothespins. The camel on the right is the one I just bought last fall.

Some smaller ones.

I display these at Christmas. They make a nice little grouping.

Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

  1. That is a very unique collection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to have a neat collection that you can add to over the years! I love them! Sweet hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are so cute, and unusual. I used to have a turtle collection, but it didn't really 'take off' (for which turtles are notorious.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right Diane..I don't think I've ever seen a collection of camels..Leave it to you..Very sweet..

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are so cute, I feel like playing with them right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Camels are very interesting, aren't they?

      Delete
  6. Well that has to be the first camel collection I've ever seen, very nice!

    ReplyDelete