Monday, May 19, 2014

Monday's Muster #20

The next several "Monday's Musters" will be all things Barbie. I decided to break it up since it is a lot to share. First up are the dolls themselves. These are the four Barbies I've had since childhood. They are, left to right, Quick Curl Kelly, Truly Scrumptious, Malibu Barbie, and Stacey. 

These are also the original outfits they were wearing when purchased. Stacey had a pretty royal blue evening coat that did not hold up well in my dad's basement which was a dumb place to keep these. I know better now!

These are not Barbies, but what the heck-- left to right: Locket Kiddle Liz, Kiddle Kologne Rose, ??? (I don't remember the blonde one-- a Dawn doll knock-off of some sort), and Rock Flower Lilac. My Kiddle Kologne had the most wonderful rose scent for decades but no more. The Rock Flower doll came with a 45 record that I no longer have. I did have two Dawn dolls, but they turned green over time-- ick, which I hear is common with them.


For some reason I hung onto this little Barbie catalog that must have come with one of the dolls.

Noticed the check marks? I was marking what I wanted.

My sister had the blue and white tent. I still have the camper set on the bottom right-- will post soon.


Have a fun day!

8 comments:

  1. Quite a collection Diane..I remember those dollies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore vintage "Barbie" stuff- and Barbie stuff in general, love the designs and kitsch value. These are great :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Watch it-- you're calling my childhood "vintage." LOL. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. I had the original Barbie in the black and white striped swimsuit along with the original Barbie dream house and Barbie car, plus a clothes case and tons of clothes. And I didn't keep any of it. Ugh. Just shoot me now. I also had the Little Kiddles, which I loved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweet dolls and I see what Kim wrote and feel the same way. I had some of those early dolls that are worth so much now. I sure wish I had them now. I found a small collection of reproductions awhile back and bought them. You know me...I love dolls! Can't wait to see your other posts, too! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dolls held up very well. My little sister and brother were five years younger than me so, between hair-cuts and battle games, none of my dolls survived.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh do those dolls bring back such great memories! I think I had all of them. We had the Barbie camper and airplane. What fun times we had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post and I loved Barbies. I did a Barbie post quite a while back too.

    ReplyDelete