Monday, March 14, 2016

View Card ATCs

Have you ever heard of souvenir view cards? Sort of like mini postcards, they were sets of scenic pictures sold at touristy locations decades ago. I had a set from the Smoky Mountains that I picked up at some sale over the last year. I had them for sale on Etsy, but they never sold so I figured I might as well use them for some crafting project. I grabbed one to use on an ATC then realized these cards are the same size as an ATC, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2". They also have some weight to them, about cardstock, so I decided to make the cards be the base. What do you think?






I think they're kinda neat. A good way to recycle at any rate. Thanks for checking in. Enjoy your day!

4 comments:

  1. They are very cute..love the stamps! And I just got my order of cards from your Etsy store! I love them all! Thank you sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen them in the past..I did not know there was a name for them..Yours are gorgeous..lots of detail..nice job..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't recall seeing any of these before.
    Interesting though, the way you've decked them out!
    I like the Rhododendron Trail...
    well, they're all interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fabulous. I've seen similar collages done on vintage postcards. You know the ones that have kind of a linen texture and the uber-vibrant colors? I don't really know what era they're from. I thought they were 1950s (because of the color), but some I've seen were much earlier than that.

    ReplyDelete