Thursday, April 7, 2016

Open Your Eyes

Let's look at a very cute children's book, Open Your Eyes which was published in 1964. I bought this at a thrift store several years ago when my daughter was younger, but I like it as much as she did. The illustrations are so charming.

It is a simple story of two brothers stuck inside while it is raining. They try to think of things that are different colors. The text rhymes too.





And who doesn't like a big, smiling sun? Nothing like a happy ending.

I hope you have a sunny day!

7 comments:

  1. What an adorable book! It is great to encourage a child's love of color, and outdoor play! The sun was definitely shining at our house yesterday, a little too much for me so soon! Thanks for a great sunny post. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the illustrations too I also have a copy! (great minds think alike)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I've never seen another copy, and I never saw it when I was a kid. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  3. Love the first one. He's a cutie.... the fishy's are cute too. Good job

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute book! Snow showers on and off by me today - isn't this crazy??

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute! I was a teenager way back in those olden days! heehee! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A cheerful little book for those who live where the climate isn't playing nice right now.
    ;)

    ReplyDelete